Wanted: S&R Wheel and SPG Wheel Arches

Post for sale/wanted items here
hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Wanted: S&R Wheel and SPG Wheel Arches

Postby hutch » Sun May 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Just as the title says, I'm looking for a Sport and Rally steering wheel and some SPG wheel arches. Let me know if you guys have anything and how much you'd be looking for them. And if anyone is interested I have a set of slightly damaged Airflow wheel arches I'd be willing to trade for the regular SPG ones if that strikes anyone's fancy.

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: Wanted: S&R Wheel and SPG Wheel Arches

Postby DrewP » Sun May 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Which S&R wheel?

The black anodized 3-spoke one, or the EMS style wheel with the holes cut out?

Do you need the wheel with a hub, or just a wheel?

"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

hutch

Postby hutch » Sun May 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Oh woops I'll bet that would help... The top one you posted with a hub for a 900 if possible. If not I have a few hubs laying around that might fit but would rather get one with a hub.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Mon May 14, 2012 11:08 am

I think the base wheel, spokes, and horn button were almost the same, But the "Crash Pad' Varied over the years. I personally have never seen that version of it. There were also some that had holes and others that did not. I have one that the leather wrap is all clapped out. I am looking for someone who will repair the leather so that I can use it in one of my projects.

I always thought they look best without the crash pad.

I have a few EMS wheels, one of which I restored to go in my 86. 99 steering wheels fit in a 900, but you will need to modify the pin location so that the turn signals cancel. I dunno about other states, but you'll fail PA inspection if that function doesn't work.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

hutch

Postby hutch » Mon May 14, 2012 12:37 pm

SwedeSport wrote:but you'll fail PA inspection if that function doesn't work.

I don't need no stinking inspections with the classic plates :P

The EMS ones you have, are those the bottom ones? If you have any in decent shape I'd be very interested. I have a steering wheel from the accessories catalogue with a hub that I think fits most of the steering wheels Saab offered so hopefully I wouldn't need to fiddle with the turn signal stuff. This wheel is actually in really good shape, I just wish it were thicker and/or a little smaller diameter.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Mon May 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Those are kinda funky.

I have a few, but all have condition problems. One is bent/fatigued. The others all are dried out , torn etc. I do have one that is restorable. I want to use that one. The only nice one I have is in my 86 900.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Mon May 14, 2012 2:49 pm

The hub on your boomerang wheel should fit all of the Momo bolt patterned wheels, the 3-spoke S&R wheel included.

I have one that the leather is shot, if you want to buy it & get it recovered let me know, but I need to keep the hub.

Sounds like SwedeSport has the same thing, so if you go that route offer him the $$$ first.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Mezzanine
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby Mezzanine » Mon May 14, 2012 6:05 pm

Hutch, if you give up on the boomerang wheel, I think it would match my burgundy interior 900 really nicely! Let me know if y ou want to sell.

C

protosaab
Number of Saabs currently owned: 14

Postby protosaab » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:45 am

I have the wheel you are looking for. $100 plus shipping. Can PM a photo.

turbo stephan
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Postby turbo stephan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:38 pm

Weren't those boomerang wheels originally offered as an accessory for the 9000?

I personally like the Saab Momo wheels like this one here http://media.photobucket.com/image/saab%20momo%20steering%20wheel/cubas/SaabCentral/vdo-aux-panel.jpg.

I also like the Nardi classico leather wheels quite a bit http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3498/3314394808_c8c27ea4d6_o.jpg. However, it seems as if there are not too many of those around in NA.

hutch

Postby hutch » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:48 pm

turbo stephan wrote:Weren't those boomerang wheels originally offered as an accessory for the 9000?

Yeah I think they were mostly on 9000s, I got mine off a late eighties 9000 in a junkyard for a whopping $10 when I didn't even have a non airbag car to use it.

protosaab wrote:I have the wheel you are looking for. $100 plus shipping. Can PM a photo.

I'm momentarily suspending my lookout for these wheels to focus my money elsewhere but I will definitely keep you in mind when I'm a little more flush with funds.

If anyone has any SPG arches I am still interested in a set of those.

Jon1
Number of Saabs currently owned: 30

Postby Jon1 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:50 pm

hutch wrote:Just as the title says, I'm looking for a Sport and Rally steering wheel and some SPG wheel arches. Let me know if you guys have anything and how much you'd be looking for them. And if anyone is interested I have a set of slightly damaged Airflow wheel arches I'd be willing to trade for the regular SPG ones if that strikes anyone's fancy.

Hutch, I might be interested in the airflow arches. Can you share some photos of them. I can probably get you some SPG arches also. I am in upstate NY.
Jon
jon1
with many classic 900 turbos

hutch

Postby hutch » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Jon1 wrote:Hutch, I might be interested in the airflow arches. Can you share some photos of them. I can probably get you some SPG arches also. I am in upstate NY.

Hey Jon sorry it took a few days to get these, they were a bit more 'slightly damaged' than I remembered. I had got them on the thought of either fixing them or using them to pull a mold to make new ones but would sort of like the simplicity of the normal SPG ones. Let me know if you'd be interested...

All 4 together with mounting pieces though I'm guessing the odd one out is from a set of SPG arches and the broken one to go along with the LF.

LR: the only one 100% intact.

RR has a 2" chunk missing

RF also missing a chunk where it would connect to the front bumper

LF is by far the worst, the rear side is fine but there is a 6" piece missing towards the front.

So as you can see they all need some work done to them, which is one of the reasons I've done nothing to them and they've sat around. Though having seen some of your c900s in person you might be up to the task.

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”