Guy parting out 30+ Saabs

Post for sale/wanted items here
KPAero
Nickname: Pascal
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: Guy parting out 30+ Saabs

Postby KPAero » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:14 am

V4_guy wrote:
SwedeSport wrote:Based on the feedback on here, I never sent money.

If I do business with him, it will be in person at this point.

I think that's very smart. I wish I'd not been so eager and sent him $330 via PayPal. Although if I do actually get the stuff I bought it will be pretty awesome.

In the few emails I exchanged he indicated he had stuff in two locations, both about an hour from me. There are a few things I was interested in myself. I was going to put off buying them and save some $. But if it would be helpful I could at least go check him out, look at what I was interested in, maybe pick up a few things. Then I could also at least check out what Jasons interested in, make sure its all good, before you make the trip out. I'd pick it up and store it for you until we see each other, but I'm on thin ice at the moment with the amount of stuff I have and the amount of space I don't have for it all. We could maybe still figure something out though.

V4_Guy, I could also grab what you paid for and ship it to you if that would help. I guess you would still have to work something out with him regarding shipping costs you paid for. This is assuming I can get in touch with him still and set up a time to meet him. But it might work out better than trying to deal with paypal.

V4_guy
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby V4_guy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:42 am

Doing some internet sleuthing on my lunch break, this keeps getting better, looks like he may be using our money to buy heroin:

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7
2:09 p.m. - Detective Mark Dominick observed a brown Saab on Bridge Street with a New Hampshire registration plate. A compliance check of the plate indicated it belonged on a black Chevy. As such, Domicick stopped the vehicle and as he approached, observed a passenger suspiciously place something under a seat. Following a short investigation, Dominick found heroin in the occupants’ possessions. A large sum of cash was recovered as well. Dominick arrested Mikolaj D. Nowak, 27, of 69 Hazardville Rd., Longmeadow. He was charged with operating with a suspended license for a subsequent offense, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, operating an unregistered motor vehicle, illegally attaching plates and possession of a Class A substance, to wit heroin, with intent to distribute. Also arrested was Yevgeniy V. Yerek, 25, of 4 Main St., Huntington. He was charged with possession of a Class A substance, to wit heroin, with intent to distribute. They were held at the Hampshire County House of Corrections.

http://www.townreminderonline.com/flipb ... wnload.pdf

V4_guy

Postby V4_guy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:46 am

Also, I found a phone number connected to this address, listed under his father's name, calling now:

(413) 567-7804

Left a message stating who I was, why I was calling, and that there are a lot pissed off people looking for their parts and the he'd better call me back ASAP or I'm calling the cops.

sjones

Postby sjones » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Wow .. so that explains why he is behind on his shipping. Well, those are probably his father's SAABs.

V4_guy

Postby V4_guy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:55 pm

sjones wrote:Wow .. so that explains why he is behind on his shipping. Well, those are probably his father's SAABs.

Yeah, looks like this junkie asshole was taking the money sent to him for Saab parts and putting it in his arm. I'm going to go through PayPal to get my money back and then talk to the Longmeadow Police. It seems like if he's committing this kind of fraud across state lines then it's federal.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:26 pm

Unless that number forwards to the state pen... I think your wasting time calling it.

I sure am glad I didn't send him money. Maybe that is what he meant when he said he would be away for a few weeks.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:29 pm

SwedeSport wrote:I sure am glad I didn't send him money. Maybe that is what he meant when he said he would be away for a few weeks.

LOL! wow, I was a little behind on this thread, that sure took an unexpected turn!

V4_guy

Postby V4_guy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:48 pm

SwedeSport wrote:Unless that number forwards to the state pen... I think your wasting time calling it.

I sure am glad I didn't send him money. Maybe that is what he meant when he said he would be away for a few weeks.

Well I just called PayPal and they opened a claim so if he doesn't reply back to them within 10 days, I get a full refund. I'm guessing prison doesn't have very good internet access. :fuckyou:

Scurb
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby Scurb » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Well, here is another disgruntled customer. I contacted him on Saabcentral back in February about an exhaust manifold, sent him funds via MoneyGram, which states he picked it up, and still no product. I contacted Longmeadow PD and they advised me to make a report for mail fraud (federal offence) with my local PD, which I advise all of you do. I also sent him a letter stating if he did not refund my purchase I would take legal and civil action against him. So maybe it will be possible if we get enough people who have had their money stolen, to make a class action lawsuit against him. If anyone has any ties with lawyers, speak up! Or, make a fund where everyone can pitch in for a lawyer, and seeing it's a class action lawsuit, we will be reimbursed by the losing party.

Thread can be seen here:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showt ... 466&page=2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_action

V4_guy

Postby V4_guy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:52 pm

Absolutely, I'm all about prosecuting this guy to the fullest extent of the law, even if I do get my PayPal refund with no problems. It's obvious he was taking advantage of the Saab community to get some quick cash to fuel his drug habit. I'll happily do anything I can to see that this guy goes to jail.

Scurb
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby Scurb » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Ok, so far we have 2 people. Anyone else interested? If so, state your location and amount stolen.

sjones

Postby sjones » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:16 pm

Paypal is pretty good about protecting the buyer, so you should be OK with that even if he already withdrew the money. You guys ought to contact Det. Mark Dominick at the South Hadley Police and report the crimes 413-538-8231 ext 306

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:48 pm

This whole friggen thing is really just sad, not only because you guys lost your money, but a big score of some primo SAAB shit might just go to waste. I mean, I really had my heart set on coming home with some wheels, interior shit, and a transmission. I really feel sorry about the person who actually owns those cars. I mean how would you like it if your tweaker son put your SAAB collection up for sale.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

V4_guy

Postby V4_guy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:59 am

Yeah, it really is sad. The whole time I was thinking, "this just seems too good to be true" and it was. It's not everyday you see someone parting out dozens of vintage Saabs. I have to say, I was surprised that it was a scam since he was so responsive before I paid him. But then again he got busted by the cops five days later. Who knows, maybe he did intend to send me the parts. But in any case I don't want to deal with some sketchy junkie. Definitely going to file a mail fraud report with the police.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:50 pm

I would never send anyone money through a craigslist ad. As good as craigslist is it is just full of too many scammers and suspect sellers to do anything but person to person transactions.
I am the 73%

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”