Guy parting out 30+ Saabs

Post for sale/wanted items here
Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Re: Guy parting out 30+ Saabs

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:31 pm

SwedeSport wrote:That would be me. The wheel was stuck to the hub, so he hit the spokes with a 3lb hammer.

hitting the wheel with a hammer is not a bad idea as long as its one of those big rubber hammers. The better and safer method is to put a big bar on the back of the rim and pry it off the hub...or worst case loosen the lugs and drive the car in circles.
I am the 73%

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Best thing to do is keep the surfaces relatively clean and apply some anti seize compound. I have had to put a tow strap between the wheel and my truck.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

V4_guy
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby V4_guy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 pm

SwedeSport wrote:That would be me. The wheel was stuck to the hub, so he hit the spokes with a 3lb hammer.

Sounds like that guy needs a 3 lb. hammer to the head.

SalemSaab
Nickname: CapitolSAAB
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby SalemSaab » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Never heard back from this seller ... oh well, there's enough 99 parts on the West Coast ;)
CapitolSAAB - your source in the PNW for SAAB parts & accessories

sjones

Postby sjones » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Its just a saab :fuckyou:

KPAero
Nickname: Pascal
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby KPAero » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:09 pm

I got a response from him over the weekend, just took a few days. I might go out there at some point, his prices were fair, but he wasn't giving anything away. Everything I asked about were things Id be keeping as spares, nothing I really need right now.

I was interested in spare control arms, rear axle, front knuckles/hubs, driveshafts, windshield etc. All for a 900, 88+ bolt pattern. Oh, and a set of SPG springs.

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:04 am

Anyone in New England area expecting to go to visit this guy any time soon. I want to buy a few things off him, but can't get there right away to get it. It can be dropped at Jordan's place so I can get it later.

I would arrange all payment directly with the seller... So all I would need is a courier.

KPAero
Nickname: Pascal
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby KPAero » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:15 pm

What are you looking to get? I was planning to go check his stuff out at some point.

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Im looking to score a transmission, 4 wheels, and possibly a rear seat bottom. maybe a few other things. I was thinking I could stash it all at Jordans place until I get up there later this summer.

Saabguy70
Nickname: Intheditch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Postby Saabguy70 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:39 am

HELP!!!!!!
I payed for the grill on the yumping 96 and he did not send it to me, and has taken my money via paypal. Does anyone have a phone number to contact him? This was a in January ........ I been trying to email him and have sent 4 emails, and there have been no reply's from him can anyone, make contact. What should I do?

Thank You!!!!

V4_guy

Postby V4_guy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:54 am

Saabguy70 wrote:HELP!!!!!!
I payed for the grill on the yumping 96 and he did not send it to me, and has taken my money via paypal. Does anyone have a phone number to contact him? This was a in January ........ I been trying to email him and have sent 4 emails, and there have been no reply's from him can anyone, make contact. What should I do?

Thank You!!!!

Shit, you're making me nervous now. I paid him for some stuff a few weeks ago and have not received it either. One of the things I got was a 96 grille.

And I just checked, the Craigslist posting has been deleted by the author. This doesn't look good.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:33 am

V4_guy wrote:
Saabguy70 wrote:HELP!!!!!!

Thank You!!!!

Shit, you're making me nervous now. I paid him for some stuff a few weeks ago and have not received it either. One of the things I got was a 96 grille.

And I just checked, the Craigslist posting has been deleted by the author. This doesn't look good.

Time to hunt him down and do a face to bat transaction.
I am the 73%

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 am

I was just about to send him like 400 bucks.

I have been in contact as recent as yesterday. I have not had too much trouble contacting him. I would hope that the main issue is that he is getting hammered with requests for parts, and processing payment, and picking and shipping parts, and is just generally backed up on getting the stuff out.

I may want to drive up to get my stuff instead of just sending him money willy nilly at this point. I can at least see the stuff first hand before handing over my hard earned cash.

If anyone wants to find him, I do have an address.

Mik Nowak
69 Hazardville Road
Long Meadow Ma 01106

I noticed that the CL posting was pulled. I know he said he was going away for a few weeks, hopefully he just pulled it down due to that and so that he could catch up with the completed deals.

I can imagine him freaking out now that he has to remove everyones stuff, pack and ship it.

Hopefully it all works out.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:21 am

"going away" = running to South America :lol:
I am the 73%

V4_guy

Postby V4_guy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:23 am

SwedeSport wrote:I was just about to send him like 400 bucks.

I have been in contact as recent as yesterday. I have not had too much trouble contacting him. I would hope that the main issue is that he is getting hammered with requests for parts, and processing payment, and picking and shipping parts, and is just generally backed up on getting the stuff out.

I may want to drive up to get my stuff instead of just sending him money willy nilly at this point. I can at least see the stuff first hand before handing over my hard earned cash.

If anyone wants to find him, I do have an address.

Mik Nowak
69 Hazardville Road
Long Meadow Ma 01106

I noticed that the CL posting was pulled. I know he said he was going away for a few weeks, hopefully he just pulled it down due to that and so that he could catch up with the completed deals.

I can imagine him freaking out now that he has to remove everyones stuff, pack and ship it.

Hopefully it all works out.

I sent him $330 via PayPal at the beginning of March. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and see if he responds. I bet he is pretty overwhelmed by the response he got from people asking to ship stuff. That makes me feel better that you have an address for him.

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”