For Trade: Uncracked C900 Dash for S&R Jacket or Shelbys

Post for sale/wanted items here
DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

For Trade: Uncracked C900 Dash for S&R Jacket or Shelbys

Postby DrewP » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:20 pm

I'm pretty sure this is not the sort of thing most of you are interested in, but trying to get the word out. If I don't get any takers in the next week I will put it on eBay, barring a good offer. Forgive the wordiness, I want to try to be as thorough as possible on the first go. If you are within around 2 hours of me I would be willing to deliver and make the trade in person.

I want to trade a crack free dash from a 1993 900S sedan for either a set of 4 Shelby wheels (pre-'87 bolt pattern, as if you could find the later ones...) or the yellow and blue rally jacket (size Medium) featured in some of the early '80's accessory catalogs and modeled below by our good friend, Stig Blomqvist. (I couldn't find a color photo, and can't find my accessory catalog right now, let me know if you have a color scan I can use).

1) Wheels must be structurally sound, straight and unbent, but can be cosmetically challenged. I want to stay away from any which have already been abrasive blasted. I would like to see photos.

Shipping: If you don't have the center caps to include, I will pay to ship the dash, you will pay to ship the wheels. However, if you do have a good set of center caps, I will ship the dash, and pay for half of the shipping on the wheels.

Jacket must be in excellent-to-near-new condition, size M. I would like to see photos.

Shipping: I will pay shipping on the dash in trade for the jacket.

In either case, I would like a full deposit on the dash of $250 through PayPal before I ship, which I will refund immediately upon receiving shipped items. I will ship insured with tracking, so will you.

Included is the center fascia and all 4 long (Torx) mounting screws, heater controls, A/C and recirc button, headlamp switch, seat heater control, power window controls, glovebox door, both speaker grills and both front speakers. Everything included in the photos. The vents still feel pretty tight, all the switches feel nice and tight, especially the heater controls.

There is what looks like the beginning of a small crack at the corner of the driver's side speaker grill shown in closeup in several of the photos, it's about 3/8" long, and looks more like the vinyl layer on top is just pulling apart, rather than the foam underneath cracking. There is a scratch on the vinyl cover material below the heater control knob, also shown from whomever prized out the warning flasher and rear defrost buttons. This is also the newer non-turbo style center fascia, without the chrome strip around the outer edge.

All the pictures can be seen at:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2140864&l=a023e&id=2413466

And the moment you have all been waiting for....

Respond with Questions! Thanks!

Best,
Drew
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: For Trade: Uncracked C900 Dash for S&R Jacket or Shelbys

Postby DrewP » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:05 pm

FYI Per, the proceeds from selling this if I don't make a successful trade may well go towards one of your sets of Shelbys for sale.

Best,
Drew
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Return to “FOR SALE / WANTED”